Thursday

Waiting is not easy, but this time it was worth it.

Dallin made the Westlake High School Boy's Soccer Team!

I don't know who it was harder on waiting for the results, Dallin or Me. Of course Dallin did all the work. He spent 2 days at try-outs, not to mention all the 6am practices and after school conditioning. But knowing that playing high school soccer has been Dallin's dream for years made it all the more nerve-wracking waiting for the results.

The team list was supposed to be posted early Wednesday morning. Didn't happen. Then it was supposed to be right after lunch. Didn't happen. Finally right before school ended, the list was posted. (I know this because I was teaching and it was posted right across from my classroom. I paced in and out of my room all day waiting for the results.) But it was worth it to witness the JOY on Dallin's face when he saw his name in print on the list. I don't know if I've ever seen him happier.

I personally don't think we should have been worried about him making the team. Dallin is more than just a pretty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment